|Undergraduate Course:||MBBS||4.5 + 1 year||100|
|Post-graduate course:||M.D in Anatomy||3 Years||2|
|M.D in Pharmacology||3 Years||4|
|M.D in Physiology||3 Years||3|
|M.D in Pathology||3Years||4|
|M.D in Microbiology||3 Years||2|
|M.D in Community Medicine||3 Years||3|
|M.S in OBG||3 Years||6|
|M.D in Pediatrics||3 Years||6|
|M.S in General Surgery||3 Years||4|
|M.D in General Medicine||3 Years||5|
|M.S in ENT||3 Years||2|
|M.S in Ophthalmology||3 Years||3|
|M.D in Anesthesiology||3 Years||4|
|M.D in Radiology||3 Years||4|
|M.S in Orthopaedics||3 Years||2|
|MD in Dermatology||3 Years||2|
|MD in Psychiatry||3 Years||2|
|Ph.D||Doctoral Research studies in Physiology||3/5 Years||3|
|BPT||Bachelor of Physiotheraphy||4/5 years||40|
|Bsc||Medical Lab Technology (MLT)||4 years||20|
|Bsc||Medical Imaging Technology (MIT)||3/5 years||20|
|Para Medical||Medical Laboratory Technology (DMLT/CMLT)||2/3 Years||20|
|Medical Operation Theater Technology (DMOT/CMOT)||2/3 Years||10|
|Medical X-Ray Technology (DMXT/CMXT)||2/3 Years||10|
ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION TO MBBS DEGREE COURSE
1. Two years, P.U.C. examinations conducted by the P.U.E. Board, Karnataka State with English as compulsory subject and Physics, Chemistry and Biology as optional subjects or any other examination recognized as equivalent by the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka.
2. Intermediate examination in Science of an Indian University / Board or other recognized examining body with Physics, Chemistry and Biology, Which shall include a practical test in these subjects and also English as compulsory subject.
3. First year of the Three year Degree course of a recognized University with Physics, Chemistry and Biology including a practical test in these subjects provided is a university examination.
4. B.Sc. Examination of an Indian University, Provided that he / she has passed the B.Sc. examination with not less than two of the following subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany, Zoology) and further that he / she has passed either the qualifying examination with the following subjects :- Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
5. Any other examination with scope and standard is found to be equivalent to the intermediate science examination of an University / Board, taking Physics, Chemistry and Biology including a practical test in each of these subjects and English.
1. Candidate must have obtained not less than 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together in the Qualifying examination. In the case of Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe candidates, the minimum marks shall be 40% in lieu of 50% for general candidates.
2. The candidate should have completed 17 years on or before 31st day of December of the year admission.
(C) Admission of the candidate will be subject to the rules and regulations of the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka / Medical council of India in Force.
(D) NRI & FOREIGN students who seek admission into the College must produce:
1. The appropriate Student Visa.
2. Eligibility Certificate from the University
3. N.O.C. from the Dept. of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of India, New Delhi.
4. Permission for stay from the competent authority.
1. Every student shall undergo a period of certified study extending over 4 ½ academic years from the date of commencement of his study for the subject comprising the medical curriculum to the date of completion of the examination followed by one year compulsory rotating internship. The 4 ½ years course has been divided into three phases.
Phase I 1 year, consisting of two terms of 6 months each.
Phase II 1 ½ years, consisting of three terms of 6 months each.
Phase III 2 years, after phase II, consisting of four terms of 6 months each.
2. The first year (phase I —pre clinical) shall deal with the subjects of Human Anatomy, Physiology, including Bio physics, Bio Chemistry and an introduction to community medicine.
3. After passing pre-clinical subjects in phase I, Phase II (3 terms —1 ½ years), dealing with Para clinical subjects. Para Clinical subjects shall consist of pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Forensic Medicine including Toxicology and part of community medicine. During this phase the clinical subjects shall be taught concurrently. The clinical subjects taught will be obstetrics and Gynecology, Medicine, Surgery and their allied specifications respectively.
4. Phase III consists of clinical subjects, Medicine and its allied specialties Surgery and its allied specialties, pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology and community Medicine.
SELECTION AND ADMISSION
1. Selection and admission will be provisional and is subject to the norms / provisions made applicable by the Government of Karnataka / MCI / Rajiv Gandhi University of health Sciences, (Karnataka).
2. Selection intimation letters are to be surrendered to the College office at the time of paying the fees. The date of commencement of class will also be mentioned in the letter. Candidates who are continually absent shall forfeit their admission as well as fees.
3. Admission secured on the basis of false information shall stand cancelled and fees forfeited,
4. All communications with office in connection with the application can be entertained only when the registration number is quoted. Any additional communication required by the candidate will be given only if a self addressed and stamped envelope is provided
5. Admission granted is provisional subject to the submission of the following documents:-
a. Proof of payment of all fees payable to the institution.
b. Date of Birth Proof Certificate.
c. Submission of Eligibility certificates from the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka in case of Non Karnataka Students.
d. Medical Fitness Certificate including Hepatitis B vaccination from a Civil Surgeon.
e. Submission of all certificates and testimonials in original as per requirement.
f. Submission of Migration Certificate from the University last studied.
NOTE: All original certificates submitted for admission will be retained by the college until success completion of the course and returned after settlement of all dues. If certificates are in any other language, they are to be translated to English and attested by the Principal of the School / College.
1. Migration from one Medical College to another is not the right of a student. However, migration of students from one Medical College to another Medical College in India may be considered by Medical Council of India, only in exceptional cases on extreme compassionate grounds provided the following criteria are fulfilled. Routine migrations on other grounds shall not be allowed.’
2. Both the colleges, i.e. one at which the student is studying at present and one to which migration is sought, should have been recognized by the Medical Council of India.
3. The applicant candidate should have passed the first professional MBBS examinations.
4. The applicant candidate must submit an affidavit stating that he / she will purse 18 months of prescribed study before appearing for II professional MBBS examinations at the transferee Medical College, which should be duly certificate by the registrar of the concerned University to which she/he is seeking transfer. The transfer will be applicable only after the receipt of the Affidavit.
1. Migration during clinical course of study shall not be allowed on any ground.
2. All applications for migration shall be referred to Medical Council of India by College authorities. No Institution / University shall allow migration directly without the approval of the Council.
3. Council reserves the right, not to entertain any application, which is not under the prescribed compassionate grounds and also to take independent decisions where the applicant has been allowed to migrate without referring the same to the Council.
Note 2: Compassionate grounds criteria:
1. Death of a supporting parent or a guardian.
2. Illness of the candidate causing disability.
3. Disturbed conditions as declared by the Government in the Medical College Area.
ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION TO POST GRADUATE & Ph. D. COURSE
Eligibility, Selection & Admission to M.S., M.D & PhD Course is as per prevailing rules of Medical Council of India, Rajiv Gandhi University of health sciences, Bangalore & COMED-K.